Yes, I know we've all heard it before, but it doesn't take too many years of "real life" to fully understand our personal reality is little more than a conglomeration of various individual perceptions of events, the impact they either have or we project they will have on our lives, and our response to these perceptions that drive our beliefs, our actions, and our attitudes. We blame our failures on others, we attribute our success to ourselves, we find fault with others when they fail, and we are hesitant to give credit when someone succeeds - self-serving in all regards until we are eventually confronted with the undeniable reality others face, the obstacles they have overcome, and the strength with which they continue to push. An event has occurred that effectively shifts our reality through the irrefutable knowledge/perception that we have only halfheartedly pushed ourselves within the self-created reality we have so comfortably insulated ourselves within.
In walks Sean Stephenson...
1. Never believe a prediction that doesn't empower you (or your organization). If you do, you will either physically, emotionally, or spiritually die.
2. You are not your condition (or the condition you may find your business in while experiencing setbacks). The only disability is our refusal to adapt.
3. Choose to live with strength!
4. Love all human beings no matter what, because deep down all human beings just want to be loved.
5. Neither pity yourself nor beat yourself up. Move out of your head and into your heart. When you love yourself, you have the freedom to be free.